Sunday, May 15, 2011

Celine Dion, Rain & Running

You know how much I love to open my mornings with a good song and I always try to keep you guys updated on my selections, my chosen one for this rainy days is the french one of Celine Dion

I enjoy having my morning coffee while it rains outside and I'm getting ready for a morning run in the rain, I even more like the looks on the people faces when they see me from the car and on the street while they see me running in the rain at 8° outside.(If you think running in the rain is crazy, how about getting married in the rain ? :)


To be honest, I'm not a fan of running, it takes my mind to weired thinking zones like a bad meditation.
But I don't think there is another way to workout on my heart rate & endurance , like running.
I already tested my skills, and I ran 21.2km (half marathon) for 2 times this year, with a decent score of 1:43 for a non runner like me.
I know that in a weired way, back at home (Israel) they had a rainy weekend, and that is very not normal for May.
So I'll put some of my local rainy days pictures for them...At least they have a normal temp.




And for rainy days like these, I got my special Tea set, after all this is Russia, and you have no idea how much tea this guys drink, it's like water here...I think I had more than 100 cups of tea in the last 2-3 weeks. (8 dif kinds of tea, you can come and get some)
My tea set

The training this days was good, we worked very hard on powering our legs and I can feel the legs really good, I hope that around the end of August, when the ice will be back and we will open the ice season, I can make a good racing and have good results on the ice training with all this dry land work.

The dried  Ice rink :(

 



 
For now, the main goal is to workout so much on dry land , 5-6 hours a day of good training, so that I will catch up on the ice technique, so far it has been going great.
It's time to finish writing and go out running, this is how my street looks from my window and I'm going down to run in the rain, that is so much fun fun fun !
Cya laters, wet and happy :)

 
















No comments:

Post a Comment