Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Does speedskaters need so much cycling ?

This question crossed my mind quite a few times in the past, I decided to start cycling for extra improvement to my endurance like 2 years ago, I bought me a nice Ridley (Italian) bikes and they did the job very nicely in Israel.
The new problem : I didn't bring them to Russia....
For the past 1-2 weeks since the weather got better, I been cycling almost every 2nd day for 80-180km.
I even use mountain bike, to be slower than everyone and chase them like a crazy dog :)
  
<>
I'm going crazy after the team tail

I believe that all this cycling will do great things to my shape, but there are many speed skaters that say it's not good to cycling and this wasn't made for us, I'll let this argue go on without taking a stand in the speed skating forums.
This was my Cycling plan for the last 1 week :
18.5 - 80km , 28.3km/h avg speed
20.5 - 100km, 29.7km/h avg speed
23.5 - Morning : 60km cycling + 17km inline (78km total), 24.3km/h avg speed
23.5 - Evening : 106km, 28.6km/h avg speed
25.5 - Morning : 60km cycling + 15km inline (75km total) , 27.0km/h avg speed
25.5 - Evening : 90km, 28.0km/h avg speed

I have done like 520km in the last 1-2 weeks, which is a lot for a speed skater....


Me and Viki changing from cycling to inline

 And lately people been asking if I eat enough after and before all this sports, so dear friends, don't you worry, one of thing I love is eating ! I even took a photo :)


Tomorrow It will be 30 days since I been training in Russia, and luckily I found out about an inline open championship in my town at 11/6, I have all the plan to join that and give them some Israeli show :)
I will update about that very soon !



No comments:

Post a Comment