Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Russian A-B-C

Good morning, today it's time to learn Russian, if anyone would like to get along with the people here, he has to learn Russian.

                                   YouTube videos of the Russian A-B-C
The people here are nice, but they seem to have huge lack of lang learning, it's hard to communicate with them while their English is 0.
I get the feeling they are afraid to talk or deal with me due to this lack of English.

                          Using Google translator to send a local SMS
So when I came from home at Israel, I already knew most of this, in my suitcase there are three dictionarys ready + a PC software + YouTubes videos, and you know there are so many stuffs on the Internet so I guess I will be fine.

                                My pc software for learning Russian
 I got to sit on my ass and learn this Russian A-B-C, it is so hard ! a HUGE differance from English, for example :
The letter "H" in Russian means "N"...The letter "P" means "R"... If you want to write the word "noramal" it will look like this : "Нормальный" the first letter is N....hard for English speaker like me to get used to this.
I got three hours until training starts, unfortunately  I got no bicycle so today I will cycle for two hours at the gym, while the team will goes cycling out side.
Tomorrow I will go to check out some local bicycle shop to get me something to use for training.....

Cya tomorrow :)

8 comments:

  1. It's better for you that they don't know English . You will learn Russian quickly this way. This way I have studied Hebrew when I wan at Army without Russian speakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Ye I think it's better to learn this way, but the big issue is that seem to be away from me since they can't talk to me.

    Thanks for the good luck, I can already read what you type in Russian by now ! But I have no idea what it says (google will do that part)
    It's something like : Odachi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually it's more like "Udachi" :-)
    By the way try Google Translate it does a great job translating from Russian to English and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How will I learn if I keep using Google to do the dirty job :(
    I have to use my own set of skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you, you definitely should do it yourself, but first time when you're trying to figure out "what the heck is written there" you may get some help from Google translate...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Учись хорошо - без GOOGLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can read what you typed, but I had to use google to understand it :)

    I will learn good alone, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete